Contested Concepts in the Study of Religion
A Critical Exploration
- ISBN: 9781350243804
- Published By: Bloomsbury Academic
- Published: September 2022
This book offers a clear, concise introduction to the meaning of problematic terms, and the ways in which they should legitimately be used. Each entry considers the following:
– Why is this concept problematic?
– What are the origins of the concept?
– How is it used or misused, and by whom?
– Is it still a legitimate concept in the study of religion and, if so, what are its legitimate uses?
– Are there other concepts that are preferable when writing on religion?
Concepts covered include:
This is a jargon-free indispensable resource for students and scholars that encourages the critical use of terms in the study of religion.